About Fall River
Fall River understands your current concerns about group health insurance in Colorado. Employers face rising costs and compliance issues with the ACA and other ongoing regulations, and they need a year-round partner to empower their team and demystify employee benefits.
We help Front Range employers save time, money, and headaches on their employee benefits. Our deep expertise, innovative strategies, and proactive service guarantee you the best results possible. Welcome to the Fall River Experience!
Recent Blog Posts
Will the DOL Fiduciary Rule be Delayed? Maybe, Maybe Not.
Guest Article by Kristen Deevy, Managing Director of Strategic Retirement PartnersOn Feb. 3, 2017, President Trump drafted a memorandum to the DOL, directing that they delay implementation of the Conflict of Interest Rule (The Rule) for at least 180 days. The Rule, which was set to take effect on April 10, 2017, expands ERISA’s definition of “fiduciary” under retirement plans by identifying additional forms of communication that would constitute investment advice and would deem the giver of such advice a fiduciary under ERISA.Read 173 times Read more...
- Ready for your ACA Reporting due March 2nd?Although there is much speculation about the future of The Affordable Care Act (ACA), it’s still the law of the land for now. For all large employers and small employers that are self-funded, the deadline of March 2nd to distribute 1095-Bs and 1095-Cs to employees is fast approaching. If your organization does not have all the necessary information to complete these forms, it’s time to act fast!Read 136 times Read more...
- HR Responsibilities When an Employee Death OccursOne of the most difficult times for any business is following the death of an employee. Thinking ahead and being prepared for this unfortunate circumstance will help ease the burden.Read 218 times Read more...
- Update on ACA Repeal and Replace Strategy
It was no secret before President Trump signed the executive order that he wanted the Affordable Care Act (ACA) repealed, and now he has made his intentions clear. His first signed executive order requires federal agencies to ease the economic burden of the ACA “to the maximum extent permitted by law” until it is repealed. Although the executive order doesn’t grant the administration any powers that it didn’t already have, it does signal to the public that change is coming.
- On Wellness, One Size Fits ONE
Guest Article by Brad Cooper, CEO of US Corporate Wellness
The research is in, and it warrants an exclamation point! An effective employee wellness program will provide a 125-600% ROI or more through decreased health care, sick time and disability costs, as well as improved recruitment, retention and employee engagement (and that doesn’t take into account the personal enhancements participants experience in their own lives!). The result of this research has been a two-fold increase in the number of organizations that have launched wellness programs for their employees in recent years. Only one problem – the first word in the phrase “Effective Employee Wellness Program.”
There are many approaches to employee wellness. Common entry level approaches include holding an internal “biggest loser”-like contest or providing paid memberships at the local health club.
Fall River Employee Benefits | 2829 Wyandot St Denver, CO 80211 | (303) 369-3200© 2017 Fall River Employee Benefits | Website Design & Digital Marketing by FiG Advertising
- Ready for your ACA Reporting due March 2nd?